Friday, August 24, 2018

Octopath Traveller, First Impressions

If you've played Octopath Traveller, you know it's difficult to choose the character you'll begin your adventure with. There are eight heroes to choose from, each one with a goal and play style unique to themselves. 

After reading each characters intro, I decided to start the game with Cyrus the Scholar. He reminds my of Professor Layton or Doctor Lautrec. He is a scholar in pursuit of knowledge, he isn't interested in a relationship or other things, he just wants to recover a los ancient book that was stolen from the library in his town. I dig that type of story. So I begin the game, and its simple but fun. I eagerly play through his intro, and I get to the next character their story begins. 
Cyrus the Scholar uses the basic triangle of Elemental Magic: Fire, Ice and Thunder.


Now this is kind of a downer, I want to get all characters, but having to play each story kind of clouds each others path, so I recommend you play this game in a short time. If you dilly dally to long, you'll forget your first (probably favorite Character events. 

So far I've got the following characters: Cyrus, Olberic, Primrose and Tressa. So far the game is a 5/10 from me, but I'm only just beginning.

PS. This game would benefit greatly by having a Bestiary, I'm surprised they left it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment